Arunthathiyar women are mostly homemakers without any earning capacity. Being school dropouts, they remain idle without any technical skills. Their lack of skills really handicaps their financial upward mobility. In order to kick start their earning capacity and to develop their skills, AHAL Centre founded Skill Development Centre to capacitate them with technical skills like Tailoring and Computer. The AHAL Skill Development Centre was registered under National Skill Development Corporation in 2019 through Indian Centre for Research and Development of Community Education (ICRDCE).
- To provide ample technical skills in Tailoring and Computer
- To make women to play supportive role in educating their children and minimizing financial burdens of their family.
- To ensure the overall personality development of women through Life Coping Skills
- Tailoring (Sewing Machine Operator)
- Computer (Associate Desktop Publishing – DTP)
Activities and Programmes
- Orientation programmes
- Life Coping Skills
- Technical Education
- Training of Trainers (ToT)
- Tailoring – 3rd Standard and above
- Computer – 8th standard and above